3. September 2015
Telstra and Equinix Collaborate to Deliver World-Class Colocation Solutions to Australian Businesses
Industry leaders work together to meet Australia’s growing demand for data center services
SYDNEY—September 3, 2015—Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced an agreement with Telstra Corporation Limited (ASX: TLS). This agreement enables Telstra customers to colocate within Equinix’s five data centers in Sydney and Melbourne, SY1, SY2, SY3, SY4 and ME1.
Die wichtigsten Fakten im Überblick
- In a recent report by Gartner, Australian enterprises are estimated to spend over AU$2.5 billion on data center services in 2015. This is an increase from the AU$2.3 billion spent on these services in 2014. Equinix is committed to meeting this growing demand with the company’s recent expansion into Melbourne and the announcement of SY4, due to be completed in Q2 2016.(1)
- Australia’s largest telecommunications company, Telstra, provides cloud and network services across its network to thousands of Australian enterprises. In 2014, Telstra added two new Points-of-Presence (PoP) in Equinix’s SY3 data center in Sydney, and in its ME1 data center in Melbourne. These PoPs are in addition to Telstra PoPs in Equinix’s other Sydney data centers, and those in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo. The expansion of data center connectivity between Equinix and Telstra has followed the continued demand for low-latency, high-throughput content delivery and telecommunications services in Australia.
- This agreement enables Telstra to provide its customers direct access to Equinix’s world-class Australian facilities to help enterprises to safeguard mission-critical data with the highest levels of security and operational reliability. By deploying in Equinix, Telstra customers can utilize Equinix’s comprehensive IT services, infrastructure and expertise, as well as leverage its robust business ecosystems to interconnect with over 6,300 global enterprises, networks and business partners across more than 100 data centers worldwide.
- Michael Riad, director, Cloud Services, Global Products and Solutions, Telstra:
“Telstra’s agreement with Equinix gives our customers’ access to five more data center colocation sites, which means we have more points of presence across Australia and multiple data center locations in the same state. This is great news for customers who require high-availability and compliance from their colocation services.”
- Jeremy Deutsch, managing director, Equinix Australia:
“As Australia’s largest telecommunications provider, Telstra has a unique understanding of Australian’s data center needs. This agreement enables Telstra customers’ access to the world’s most interconnected data centers, accelerating business performance, generating revenue opportunities and reducing time-to-market. We’re delighted to be delivering Equinix’s premium data center services to Telstra customers, directly through Telstra.”
Informationen zu Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX) verbindet führende Unternehmen mit ihren Kunden, Mitarbeitern und Partnern über seine Hochleistungsrechenzentren mit dem weltweit größten Interconnection-Angebot. Bei Equinix kommen Unternehmen in 33 Märkten auf fünf Kontinenten zusammen, um neue Geschäftsmöglichkeiten wahrzunehmen, ihren Erfolg zu steigern und IT- und Cloud-Strategien auszubauen. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.