9. September 2013
Paycorp Launches New Secure Payment Service with Equinix Australia
Data security enabled telephony payment service poised to benefit customers of over 100 telecommunications companies already located in SY1 and SY3
SYDNEY – Sept. 10, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, has announced that Paycorp, The Payment Solutions Company™, has deployed a new Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)—compliant telephone and call center payment service within Equinix's International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in Sydney.
The new service will enable organizations of all sizes to protect confidential payment information given over the phone using industry-leading data security methods. The solution reduces the risk of credit card fraud while maintaining a high-quality consumer experience.
Die wichtigsten Fakten im Überblick
- The new PCI DSS service masks card data and ensures that private information is secure, even if the call is recorded. In addition, it enables optimal end-user experience as the caller maintains voice communication with the call center agent while payment card data is entered.
- According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics Personal Fraud Survey 2010-2011, Australians lost $1.4 billion due to personal fraud, which included credit card fraud. Paycorp's PCI DSS service was designed to help reduce the instances of personal fraud by better protecting card details.
- The software application enabling the PCI DSS service is provided to Paycorp by Semafone Limited, UK, and is typically only sold to large organizations as a standalone PCI DSS call center solution. However, Paycorp's software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model enables users to directly connect to the Paycorp PCI DSS-compliant service zone within the Equinix IBX data centers for maximum flexibility and security.
- Equinix's global footprint of carrier-neutral IBX data centers gives Paycorp not only capital-effective locations to deploy its infrastructure, but also provides quick and efficient cross connects to multiple telecommunications companies who can then offer the PCI DSS service to their high-value call center customers.
- John Caliguri, managing director, Paycorp:
The issue with security and compliance is that traditionally only larger organizations can afford the necessary overhead to ensure data integrity. Smaller companies, and especially charitable organizations, often struggle to successfully secure transaction data to the highest standards. Our new PCI DSS telephone/call center service is a unique solution to this problem. Telcos we connect to through Platform Equinix can offer our PCI DSS-compliant payment services to their customers via their existing telephone numbers as a value-added service at cents per transaction instead of many thousands of dollars that are spent by call centers for PCI DSS compliance.
We are thrilled to be deploying our services in Equinix's rich business environment and look forward to expanding our global reach in its other international data centers down the line.
- David Wilkinson, senior director, business development, financial services, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
The deployment of the Paycorp PCI DSS-compliant telephone service in Equinix further strengthens our financial services ecosystem. The telephone payment platform can be delivered effectively by Paycorp as they interconnect with over 100 best-of-breed technology, telecommunications and network providers located in our Sydney data centers. Paycorp in turn will be a great asset to our existing customers, especially in the payment space.
Paycorp Holdings, Pty. Ltd. specializes in enterprise payment processing solutions for banks, corporates and industry-specific vertical markets. Paycorp is certified as PCI DSS v2.0 Level 1 compliant; the benchmark for the provision of payment processing services to multi-national organisations and enterprises. The company's services include outsourcing of PCI Compliance, Payment Processing and Receivables. Founded and based in Sydney since 1998, Paycorp is a leader in the electronic payments industry and supports 50, 000 business clients and processes in excess of $7 billion in payments per annum. For more information, visit www.paycorp.com.au.
Informationen zu Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.