12. März 2014
FireHost Deploys in Equinix as Part of Global Expansion Strategy
Cloud provider leverages Platform Equinix in Singapore to deliver managed, secure cloud infrastructure in Asia-Pacific
SINGAPORE - March 12, 2014 - Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that FireHost, the secure cloud company, has selected Platform Equinix™ to support its international business expansion plans. The deployment in one of Equinix’s International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in Singapore (SG2) will facilitate the secure delivery of FireHost’s secure Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offering to its growing Asia-Pacific customer base in Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
FireHost’s IaaS was built for security, compliance, performance and managed service, enabling responsible businesses to reduce risk and improve the collection, storage and transmission of their most confidential data. The deployment in Singapore serves as the second phase of FireHost’s global expansion strategy, which follows implementations in Equinix’s London (LD5) and Amsterdam (AM2) data centers in January 2012. With these international data center locations, FireHost can easily manage its infrastructure via a single point of contact to provide consistency in service delivery to customers, particularly multi-national corporations.
Die wichtigsten Fakten im Überblick
- According to industry research firm, Forrester, the Asia-Pacific cloud computing market is expected to grow from $6.9 billion in 2013 to $ 31.9 billion in 2020. As US-based cloud providers look to leverage the opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region, strategic deployment in international data centers will enable them to better serve their global end-users and accelerate time to market.
- With Platform Equinix™, FireHost has access to a secure, power-dense, high availability and high connectivity data center environment, which links to a vast business ecosystem that spans network and cloud computing service providers in the region. The SG2 data center delivers high-speed, low latency, secure cloud services throughout Asia and Australia.
- In SG2 as in LD5 and AM2, FireHost can cross-connect within the data center to deliver its cloud solutions. By deploying cross connects to the networks and Internet service providers (ISPs) serving their customers within the same facility, FireHost can reduce latency and ensure high performance.
- Direct access to more than 975 network providers and the ability to interconnect with more than 4,500 companies and partners also on Platform Equinix enables FireHost to serve its global clients across the payment, healthcare, retail, and enterprise sectors with fast, agile and secure solutions.
- Equinix enables FireHost’s customers such as Ai Cure Technologies, a digital health solutions provider, to benefit from its global locations, robust security and high performance.
- Equinix’s global data center footprint of 100 facilities in 32 strategic markets also provides FireHost with the flexibility and agility to scale in existing markets, as well as tap into Singapore as it has emerged as a growing cloud hub for the Asia-Pacific region.
- Clement Goh, managing director, Equinix South Asia:
"Singapore remains a popular choice for many international corporations because of its political stability and pro-business environment. Today’s organizations are actively expanding their operations and realizing the untapped opportunities available in high-growth regions such as Asia-Pacific. Through Equinix’s global footprint and established ecosystems, FireHost will have the ability to quickly enter new markets and provide direct connectivity to network providers."
- Chris Drake, founder and CEO, FireHost:
"The deployment in Equinix’s data center in Singapore is a key component of FireHost’s global expansion strategy to serve multinational customers more effectively. We wanted to work with a service provider who could help accelerate our business growth in the region. Having partnered with Equinix in London and Amsterdam, we are confident of the quality and capabilities of the company’s data centers, and are certain that the deployment will serve as an ideal platform for us to scale our global operations and replicate our European successes in Asia-Pacific."
- Adam Hanina, CEO, Ai Cure Technologies:
"The partnership between FireHost and Equinix will enhance the quality of IaaS provided to customers like us, and boost confidence in the reliability of cloud services. By deploying in Equinix data centers, FireHost addresses the demands of multinational customers for high-speed, low latency cloud services in multiple markets, without compromising on security and connectivity. It is a highly complementary relationship that benefits the industry in the long run."
Additional ResourcesFireHost Chooses Platform Equinix to Support European Expansion
1 Progress Exchange 2013: Asia Pacific - Entering the Market and Growing Your Business
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.